Thursday, January 5, 2012

INSPECTOR 12

There has been some Water Cooler talk here recently at W&R World HQ suggesting we add a Quality Control position to the payroll. This immediately brought to mind of course the Hanes "Inspector 12" underwear commercial (I say 'of course' because I assume anyone reading this blog is my age). While I am all for making sure hems are straight and zippers zip, this is not really that kind of company. Since no two pair of Weezie & Rumble green.jeans will ever be the same, what sort of inspection rules would we come up with? We don't have anything here close to an assembly line, there aren't patterns to follow and sometimes we take the pockets completely OFF, not sew them on. So I tabled the suggestion for now; unless we start sending work overseas (hopefully not; I don't want to end up on the cover of US Magazine like the Kardashians did recently, with smack talk of sweat shops), I don't think we will ever need an Inspector 12. 

This of course is the perfect segue to what I really wanted to feature today. As mentioned, no two pair of W&R jeans will ever be exactly the same, such as this pair from our "Salon" line. The possibilities are just about limitless when you start combining recycled jeans with fabric and stenciling, so please stay tuned for more from this series. We are just getting started... 

No comments:

Post a Comment